Thursday, July 06, 2006

World Cup '06 part 2

2 games left in the world cup. I think I only missed watching 3 games total this entire cup. Here are some random thoughts:

World Cup
May the best actors lose.

Golden Ball
Zinedine Zidane (I just like to type his name).

France
I think France deserves a shot at the title after beating Brazil. Advancing past Portugal from a penalty kick didn't make me feel good. That call wasn't worthy and if they didn't just send Brazil packing I would be much more upset. Henry please play the beautiful game. If you win the Golden Ball I hope you deserve it for your play not your acting.

Italy
I guess you could say they play well together (that's the time they aren't in 'pain' rolling on the pitch with a hand up after the lightest touch). So Italy made it in? I say let it be France (sorry Antonio). It's so pathetic to watch these professional football players act like figure skaters with a bad lace up job.

Brazil vs Japan
For me, the best game was Brazil vs. Japan. That was fun. One thing I noticed in the game was even though Japan had just put their only shot in the back of the net, Brazil played the same afterwards. I.E. no major rush. Each well disciplined.

Ghana
Ghana was fun. Hope to see them in person for the 2010 cup in South Africa.

England
England needs more free kicks. Wait is the cup over for them? Just when they were going to really get good at taking free kicks darn....back to dancing?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home